The preparation for USMLE Step 2 CK exam can be quite challenging, not because of its difficulty level, but because of the insecurity, you may feel about preparing for it.
The USMLE Step 2 CK score is one of the factors that affect the residency you want. It’s all the more important if you have just managed to pass Step 1, and you need a good USMLE Step 2 CK score to redeem yourself.
If you are looking for tips and tricks to prepare and crack your USMLE Step 2 CK, let’s get started.
- Know all that is to know about USMLE Step 2 CK
Find out what the test is about, for how long it is for, rules, break timing, etc. When you are clear of what is expected of you and you have all the information needed, you’ll feel relaxed and confident about answering the exam.
- Set your goal
Set your goal depending on what specialty you desire. If you achieve a high USMLE Step 2 CK score (>240), your chances of getting into a residency program of your choice are high.
- Choose your study materials
You’ll have a lot of options in the study materials. Some of the resources that deserve most of your time are:
- A main book/guide
- Practice exams
- Pathology videos
The more practice exams you take better would be your test-taking skills. Taking help from a USMLE Step 2 CK prep training course will help you use these resource materials in the best way possible. Additionally, the USMLE tutors will provide tips, tricks and test-taking strategies of cracking the Step 2 CK exam.
- Set your daily routine
Planning your daily routine depends on the time you have available for studying. Ideally, you’ll need at least 4 weeks to prepare for your USMLE. As long as you have dedicated time set to study every day you’ll be fine.
- Study Smart
It is important to know how to approach a USMLE question.
- Don’t spend lots of time on one difficult question on a low yield topic. You could use the time rather on doing 4 to 5 USMLE Step 2 CK questions of a more high yield and easier material that has more probability of appearing on your exam.
- If you are taking more than 30 minutes to solve a very hard question, move on. Know where to draw the line. Use your time wisely.
- For such a difficult exam, you may never feel completely ready. If in your last practice test, you were able to score more than 240, then you are ready for the real exam.
- Exam day preparation
Don’t forget to take important documents like the ID and scheduling permit. Also, always follow the rules of the Prometric centers.
Most importantly, don’t panic. The USMLE Step 2 CK is just a test. You have come here prepared to give your best.
- Relax when it’s over
The exam is over now. Taking the USMLE Step 2 CK exam is something huge. Be proud of yourself that you have come this far, regardless of the result. Take a break, enjoy yourself for a few days.
With all of that said, you can maximize your potential to its fullest by taking help of USMLE prep training course. NYCSPREP will help you optimize your study plan, master the content of USMLE Step 2 CK and hone your test-taking skills. Contact NYCSPREP today.